A collection of useful, fun, and/or otherwise interesting sites...
- Aidan has all kinds of exciting stuff, including fantastic XKCD-inspired pages.
- Rob has pictures, how-tos, and software.
- Ryan has photos, geekery, and more besides...
- Nat has a very pretty site featuring poetry, artwork, web design, and more.
- Last.fm helps you discover lots of new music that you wouldn't normally have sought out yourself
- Merton College JCR - if you don't know what a JCR is, click here and find out! I used to be webmaster on this site so there's a bit of paternal pride involved in linking to it, though only my date converter remains -- Ryan, linked above, has done wonders as my successor.
- Wikipedia is arguably the most useful site on the Net!
- The GNU Foundation have a noble cause and a love for silly acronyms - how can they be anything but cool?
- Fedora is my favorite GNU/Linux distribution. If you're still chained to Windows, check it out - or maybe try Knoppix or Ubuntu.
- SourceForge.net - not quite in the top two but one of the most useful sites out there, with (open-source) software galore!